Saturday, November 10, 2012

Honey Balsamic Dressing

I know it's been a long time since blogging but since James has been away working in Alberta I have been cooking more and enjoying it. I am thinking of sharing a few posts of some of my favorites but today I thought I'd start with something simple, my favorite simple dressing. I can't buy store bought dressing anymore they taste too harsh and fake to me. It's so easy to make your own dressing too and this one has become my new go to. I usually have it for lunch on a salad with spring mix, goat cheese, some fruit like strawberries and raspberries and sometimes I add in some spiced pecans. Yum! This recipe makes enough to last me a few weeks too and I like that I don't have to refrigerate it since it because too thick and needs time to separate if you do that.


This is from the Rebar cookbook's recipe for Summer Greens and Nectarines

 Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette:

 2 tbsp honey
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 shallot minced (I skip this sometimes I will put in a shake or garlic powder instead)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
1 cup extra virgin olive oil

 Now the recipe says to add in everything but the olive oil and then whisk that in slowly. I don't have time for that so I combine it all in a jar and then shake it up! Done!

1 comment: