Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mmmm quiche!



I used to not be a fan of quiche when I was younger, but I think that's because they usually had mushrooms and other weird things I wasn't into at the time. After going to France and eating some amazing quiche I've changed my mind. While I wouldn't say it's something I have often I had a craving for it the other day and searched some recipes and found one by Emeril that sounded tasty.

The crust sounded good but honestly I'm too lazy for all that work so I just bought a meat free pie crust (you know without all that pig lard in the shortening) from frozen and it still tasted amazing! I also used light cream cheese instead. I loved the recipe, I thought it maybe too rich or the salmon too overhelming but it wasn't at all, it was a nice balance of dill, salmon and cream cheese. I really liked the smooth creaminess the cream cheese gave as well! Can't wait to eat the leftovers so that's a good sign!

I also made a recipe from Ina Garten, Roasted Butternut Squash Salad and Warm Cider Vinagrette: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-butternut-squash-salad-with-warm-cider-vinaigrette-recipe/index.html
This was also so delicious and creamy! I used apple juice instead of cider and pecans (which I forgot to toast) instead of walnuts just because I like them better.



No comments:

Post a Comment